Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Today marks Day 6 of being home with Bianca. Overall, I think we have all been transitioning very well. Our Little One hasn't settled into a regular eating/sleeping routine yet, but in general, she is a very good baby. Sunday night was a bit rough; she didn't want to sleep at all (which, in turn, means Mommy couldn't sleep, either), but every other night, she has slept quite well. She has been getting up every 3 hours or so to eat and be changed, but she falls back asleep pretty quickly. Even though I am tired, I feel much more rested than I anticipated.

Just as I suspected, Harry has been absolutely wonderful with her. He never hesitates to hold, feed, or change her, especially when I need a break. I just love watching them together. The two of them are my world, and my heart feels like bursting with joy when I take in the sights of our new family.

I literally can stare at our daughter for hours at a time. She is just so precious. She makes so many cute faces. My favorite ones are when she forms her mouth in the shape of an O and when she smiles. I also love it when she is upset, but not really crying. She makes a "waah" sound that is just adorable.

Bianca had her first doctor's appointment yesterday. She appears to be a very healthy baby. She has already surpassed her birth weight, weighing 7 lbs 11 oz. (She was 7 lbs 3 oz when she was discharged from the hospital.) She had a PKU test done, which I think was harder on me than it was on her. I hated hearing her cry and not being able to comfort her while they squeezed the blood out of her foot. Of course, I had a few tears of my own before it was all over. She goes back for her one-month check-up on October 15th.

Unfortunately, I am unable to breastfeed her. I knew when I had my reduction that could be a possibility, but I was hoping to beat the odds, as most literature says "Breast is Best." We tried our best for three days, including a supplementing system, but we quickly found out that she was dehydrated. My body just wasn't producing enough colostrum. To this day, my milk still has not come in, so I feel better about the decision to start bottle feeding. I know the formula is giving her the nutrition she needs to stay healthy.

My recovery from the c-section is coming along slowly. My incision is still pretty sore. I was prescribed Percocet to help with the pain but I didn't like the way it was making me feel, so I stopped taking it. I think I got a case of the "Baby Blues" yesterday. I was extra weepy. Luckily, I feel much better today.

In other news, Harry and I settled on our house on Friday. We will be officially moving on Saturday, but he and Kris have already started taking boxes over. The painters started this past Saturday. They have done an amazing job. The house looks great. The only room left to finish is Harry's basement. His new toy - his projection system and 100" screen - was installed yesterday. We watched a bit of it yesterday, and I must say, it is pretty incredible.

Without further ado, here are some recent pictures of our Little Miracle:


  1. Wow! What a beautiful update girl. I'm so happy for you that I myself have tears in my eyes. I had the same issue with some of the tests performed on Claire when they did it in the foot. My gosh it seemed so unsettling to me. But like you said, it's more upsetting to you than it is to them. I'm glad to see that she's healthy and happy. You both are amazing parents. Everything seems to be falling into place for you. A new house, a new baby girl, and a happy, full of love life.
    I'm sooo happy for you sweetie. Congratulations on EVERYTHING.
    As for percasets... Yeah, those aren't something that I would feel comfortable with. Ibuprophen for pain should do just fine.
    Love you girl!!! <3

  2. Glad everything is going well. Been wondering about you and the baby. Miss you!