Monday, April 6, 2009

Old Wives Tales

There are many old wives tales about the gender prediction of a baby. Just for fun, I decided to take 20 of those, and analyze whether our Little Miracle will be wearing pink or blue when he/she is born.

1. The hair on my legs is growing at the same pace as before I got pregnant, so it’s a girl.
2. I prefer to sleep on my left side, so it’s a boy.
3. My feet are not colder than they were before pregnancy, so it’s a girl.
4. I don’t like the heel of a loaf of bread, so it’s a girl.
5. I did not have extreme nausea in my pregnancy, so it’s a boy.
6. My chest development during pregnancy has not been dramatic, so it’s a boy.
7. My urine is a dull yellow color, so it’s a girl.
8. I am craving sweets, so it’s a girl.
9. My nose has not spread during pregnancy, so it’s a girl.
10. The baby’s heart rate is above 140 beats per minute, so it’s a girl.
11. My hands are dry, so it’s a boy.
12. My skin has broken out, so it’s a girl.
13. I would pick a single key up by its round end, so it’s a boy.
14. Since my age and year of conception are odd and even respectively, it’s a boy.
15. Harry was less stressed than me at the time of conception, so it’s a boy.
16. I would show someone my hands palms up, so it’s a girl.
17. I pick up a mug by its body, so it’s a girl.
18. My mom’s hair is not gray, so it’s a girl.
19. Harry has not put on weight during the pregnancy, so it’s a boy.
20. I like the taste of orange juice, so it’s a girl.

It looks like there is a 60% chance our Little One is a girl, and 40% that he is a boy. (But if you look at the Silberzahn chain of gender command, the odds go up much higher in favor of a girl!)

No comments:

Post a Comment